On Monday, October 23rd, we hosted a community forum for Beacon residents to share their ideas related to the environment, conservation, and sustainability. Over 30 people attended and 16 people spoke. Read the event summary here.
All residents, including community organizations, elected officials, and city council candidates are welcome to speak and share their views, their concerns, their vision, and their work towards creating a more environmentally conscious city. Anyone can sign up to speak for a couple of minutes about related topics.
RSVP on Facebook or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Beacon Earth Day Cleanup a Success!
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Twelve businesses donated resources and over 60 volunteers came together to cleanup 7 locations across Beacon, culminating with an outdoor BBQ with music and plenty of high spirits - see photos below. Many thanks to everyone for their time, energy, and resources. We're already looking forward to 2018!
Special thanks go to:
- Mountain Tops crew for cleaning up the High School Woods
- Beacon Historical Society crew for cleaning up the Madam Brett Homestead
- Beacon Greenway Committee crew for cleaning up Rocky Glen Park
- Beacon Recreation Center crew for cleaning up South Ave Park
- Incline Railway Society crew for cleaning up Mount Beacon
- Conservation Advisory Committee and City Council Members crew for cleaning up Main Street
- Scenic Hudson crew for cleaning up Long Dock Park
- LNJ Tech Services for the PA system
- Hudson Valley Brewery
- Ella's Bellas for compostable plates and cups
- Fishkill Farms for apples
- Glazed Over Donuts
- Barb's Butchery for the grill
- Hudson Valley Seed for gloves and supplies
- Peoples Bicycle for free tuneups
- Thomas Rigney for playing his great original music
- Zero to Go for cleanup supplies
- Drink More Good for ice